• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child protective services question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armyfrogs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I had a downstairs neighbor call child protective services on me as retaliation to some harasement problems we were having with this person. The day this person moved out there was a report filed that stated my fiance and me were beating each other and the children. A full investiagtion started to prove other wise of course. My question is what can I do if anything about a false report to child protective. The report has come back after the 60 days with unfounded and closed on it. Even though we were cleared I guess you could say, this report will stay on file till my youngest is 27 years old. I am trying to figure out why this is. I mean how is it fair that you have a false report filed against you they can't find anything after totally invading your privacy, and defaiming your character and now it stays on file for 20 something years? Any information I could recieve on this would be great. I just want to know how and were to pursue this and if I even can. Thank you!
Lin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">