• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child questioned without parent present

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

react_76

I live in the Alabama. Recently my child, 15 years of age, was under an investigation for sexual assault. This sounds bad, but my son is good and had hardly given me any trouble(common teenage stuff). From what I understand the whole ordeal was an accident. He even has witnesses to prove that it was so. I was told that the situation had been resolved and nothing would be put on his record. He was questioned recently by someone, I do not know the name of the organization(still getting information), but I believe its either a State or a Federal organization, without my noticifation or presence. He was told he got lucky and they believed he did it and that it would be put on his record. First question: Can anything be put on his record without a formal investigation or hearing? And second: Can my son be questioned without me being notified and or present at the questioning? Thank you in advance for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">