• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

faith01

n.y,ny. court ordered support not being paid sometimes nothing or veeerry little. ex has been arrested 3x yet still is delinquent.he has quit jobs every3-6mos. sold property against judges order and doesn't file taxes. judge not enforcing support order,told me to put a lien on his share of house,I need money for kids and bills.we are still in divorce proceedings,judge wants arrears handled as part of settlement.he also applied for downward mod. yet didn't pay anything since.I can't prove income he was self employed,cash business now works off books for family and friends.judge asked me to take $60 per week for 3kids!current order 375 per week.what do i need to do to prove he can pay or must he prove why he can't, what guidelines must the new jugde follow in setting and enforcing support?i've spent a fortune already on lawyers fee can i go to lower court for enforcement or does this issue stay in supreme court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">