• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child travel permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gomezlondono

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW JERSEY
I want to send my child to an international travel with my parents. She is american citizen. She lives with me and I dont't know where her father is. My only signature in the "Permission Travel Form" should be enough?

Some Random Guy

In order to get a passport, you will need to have the signatures of both parents. This is to prevent one parent spiriting their child out of the country without the permission of the other parent. This was happening often enough that they made a law about it

Child Abduction Prevention

Are or were you ever married to the father? Is the father listed on the birth certificate? Did the courts ever determine custody of the child? You may need the services of a local family law lawyer for this one.

Edit: see step 5 in the "one parent with sole legal custody" section for more information http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">