• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children vs adult

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

children8

What is the name of your state? Florida

About 8 children were playing with small plastic balls in front of my house when my neighbor and her 16 years old son ran out of their house, holding a knife and her son a long iron bar. The children ran away but eventually came back and the woman and her son threaded them. The children disregarded their insults but I witnessed everything and presented the case because my son, 13 years old, was with the children. The trial is on next Tuesday but she has hired a lawyer and is claiming to have a damage fence, which is something never happened because the kids never touch her fence mainly because she is like a dog in her house. What I have is what I saw (I called the police that night but I was so confused I could not give them the address). So, she and her lawyer have prepared a defense. My daughter recorded the children’s tale of what happened which is very interesting as everything comes out in a very natural way of children. This neighbor has all their footballs that have fallen in her property and has refused to return them. Of course, the children were totally unarmed and there was not any provocation other than one or two plastic balls smashed her fence and this is why I filed the case. I really think is my obligation to report how dangerous she can be. Her son never gets out of the house to play with the other kids and lives and isolated live with her and a little sister.

My question is what can I expect from this trial?

Rvela

I would take pitures of the fence and where the children were playing and make diagrams of the area getting as close to accurate as you can with measurements and go to the store and buy another set of the plastic balls to present as evidence also.
find out if you have a picture of the fence before the eledged damages took place; that would be helpful. Also make a time line of the events that took place (minute by minute for that day) and explain that the damages could not have happened. with that evidence provided. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">