• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childs rites over a parents medical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacey jenkins

[/FONT]What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
louisiana
my husbands father has been undergoing chemotherapy and radiation for lung cancer
and his aunt with out my husbands knowledge , had his father give her power of atty to make all medical decisions for him . and now they are wanting to put him in a nursing home and my husband does not want this , please tell us what we can do to take control of his fathers medical intrists . he is his fathers only child and the family is telling him he has no rites to make any decisions for his father .
thanks
staceyjenkinsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOur husband would have to sue and prove that his father was incompetent AT THE TIME his father gave his aunt the medical power of attorney. Then he would be able to have that POA voided and THEN he could sue to be named his father's POA provided he has served all relevant parties (his aunt and most likely his father's other siblings).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">