• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Case Guardianship Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinLear

What is the name of your state? Maryland
Case Number 11027
In September of 2006, guardian of property, and guardian of person were to deliver all records, inventory list, to the clerk of the court. Didn't happen. Judge set another status hearing. October status hearing, still no records, judge sets another status hearing in December, then Jan. 2007, and again, March 2007. At March's status hearing. they were court ordered to provide to the clerk all records at 10:00am, May 8, 2007. Status hearing was held at 1:30pm May 8. You guessed it, no records, and judge set another status hearing for July 10, 2007.
Meantime, in the course of almost 2 years, since this case was brought before the court, in Sept. 2005, my mother has lost close to $80,000, and the amount is climbing. Has a $100,000 + judgement from the IRS, the guardiand never did post the court ordered bond of $450,000..
What to do?
And no I don't have a lawyer, and won't hire a lawyer. I was co-guardian for several months, as well as her guardian for several months, and am an interested party.
Thanks.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Maryland
Case Number 11027
In September of 2006, guardian of property, and guardian of person were to deliver all records, inventory list, to the clerk of the court. Didn't happen. Judge set another status hearing. October status hearing, still no records, judge sets another status hearing in December, then Jan. 2007, and again, March 2007. At March's status hearing. they were court ordered to provide to the clerk all records at 10:00am, May 8, 2007. Status hearing was held at 1:30pm May 8. You guessed it, no records, and judge set another status hearing for July 10, 2007.
Meantime, in the course of almost 2 years, since this case was brought before the court, in Sept. 2005, my mother has lost close to $80,000, and the amount is climbing. Has a $100,000 + judgement from the IRS, the guardiand never did post the court ordered bond of $450,000..
What to do?
And no I don't have a lawyer, and won't hire a lawyer. I was co-guardian for several months, as well as her guardian for several months, and am an interested party.
Thanks.
You have failed to protect your rights for at least two years and you refuse to hire a lawyer.

Exactly what kind of advice did you want and about what?

KevinLear

SeniorJudge

How about taking a giant pin, to that over inflated ego of yours? That's what I would love FOR YOU TO DO.
Hire a lawyer? When there are already several lawyers in this fiasco bleeding my mother dry?
And myself, acting Pro se?
If you have any INTELLIGENT advice, provide it. If you don't? Save it for your mom.

LdiJ

How about taking a giant pin, to that over inflated ego of yours? That's what I would love FOR YOU TO DO.
Hire a lawyer? When there are already several lawyers in this fiasco bleeding my mother dry?
And myself, acting Pro se?
If you have any INTELLIGENT advice, provide it. If you don't? Save it for your mom.
That response was not wise. You aren't likely to get any further help here. We are all volunteers and don't have to put up with that kind of treatment.

KevinLear

Senior Members

Surely you jest. If I had a penny for everyone that offered the advice of hiring a lawyer? I would have enough to pay for 10 years of law school.
Answer me this court jester...Why would all you sleazebag lawyers, suggest I hire a sleazebag? I've accomplished more as Pro Se, filing motions, and petitions, than any lawyer I could have paid to do the same thing.
It comes down to this, the Judge, and other lawyers involved in this case, should be following the exact letter of the law in Maryland, as it applies to this case. Both civil law, and elder law.
The court, and the judge, should also be ENFORCING IT'S OWN ORDERS, and quit allowing these orders to be accepted as suggestions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Good job. Not everyone on here is an attorney and not everyone that answered you is an attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:

sascrip

Ive been there

I tried to go it on my own. I was one of three heirs. I was getting screwed over terribly and because I had no lawyer the court while saying I had rights accepted evrything the executer had to say even though it was all lies. I got lucky though and recorded a conversation with the trust accountant where he admitted a major mistake had been made and I used that as leverage to get my mom (executer) to stop with her bogus and invented accounting records and (she was pissed because I took her to court asking for the very same records you are) finally I got pretty close to what was coming to me. My advice to you- hire a lawyer. As you say their are already enough lawyers draining accounts but the sad reality is that if you do not have a lawyer this thing is going to go on for years and you will never get "justice" I was only dealing with one lawyer (my moms) and we went to 14+ hearings over the course of 2+ years and it would have gone on and the court would have accepted all the doctored records my mom was preparing and giving the court if I didnt get the conversation on tape. The day after I recorded the conversation I talked to my moms attorney three hours later we were settling out of court . I got what was due me minus all the lawyers fees. I got lucky. There is a guy on this forum that goes by the name DandyDon he helped me alot but I really wished I had followed his advice to hire an attorney from the start I would have saved a lot of time and money. I know you feel as if you are getting farther on your own and you are getting hearings and filing petitions etc but the bottom line is you are STILL waiting for the court to enforce the orders and all you have gotten for your effort is yet another status conference. Yes youll have to pay another lawyer but that lawyer will be working for you and the court will HAVE to do more than giving the rest of the lawyers multiple chances to get nothing done. If I had hired a lawyer of my own I would have been done in probably 2 months and saved myself 25,000. Contact Dandy Don (hopefully he still logs in to this forum) He helped me alot. Too bad I hurt myself by not following his advice and hiring a lawyer. Your lawyer will know so much more about what to do to get the court to protect your rights then you could ever know. I knew my rights the court agreed that I had those rights but did nothing to protect them. In the end the court still did nothing but approve what we settled for out of court. I just got really lucky that the accountant admitted this error and that the tape was rolling.:(

sascrip

Surely you jest. If I had a penny for everyone that offered the advice of hiring a lawyer? I would have enough to pay for 10 years of law school.
Answer me this court jester...Why would all you sleazebag lawyers, suggest I hire a sleazebag? I've accomplished more as Pro Se, filing motions, and petitions, than any lawyer I could have paid to do the same thing.
It comes down to this, the Judge, and other lawyers involved in this case, should be following the exact letter of the law in Maryland, as it applies to this case. Both civil law, and elder law.
The court, and the judge, should also be ENFORCING IT'S OWN ORDERS, and quit allowing these orders to be accepted as suggestions.
Sadly the court can only decide on matters presented to it. The judge can decide which side puts up a better arguement. You may know what the law says ( I did too, and the court agreed with me) but I am betting you don't know the right things to ask the court to do to resolve the situation and the court cannot tell you what motion to file or what to petition for. I understand your frustrations with the lagal system but you have to realize their is no judge on the bench who wasn't an attorney first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">