• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cohabitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gigiee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I'm not sure if I'm posting on the right board. My question is I'm worried about finances, and foreclosing on my house. So that I can afford my mortgage payment, I'm thinking of taking in a boarder. I work, and receive some spousal maintenance. I am wondering if I take in a male boarder is this considered cohabitation. My agreement states that if I am cohabitating I would lose my spousal maintenance. I don't know if I will take in a male or female, I'm just testing the waters. Any adivice would be appreciated. Thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Talk to an attorney in your area. Depends on the male boarder or female boarder and what else is going on most likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">