• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commingling funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chele77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH
In 1970 my father bought stock with my communion money. I came of age in 1974, but due to a nasty divorce the stock was lost to me until after his death in 2001. Then, I received a statement showing that over the years it had grown in book shares from 25 to 350. My question is...I married in 1977... what shouldn't I do so as not to comingle or has just the growth over the years become part my husband. I wish to cash it in and buy a small house for our daughter, if he helps fix it up does that cause comingling. My question is what is or isn't comingling of funds.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Let it grow without investing any other money in it. If you cash in the stock keep it in a separate account and do not comingle the money with marital funds or put it in a joint account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">