• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Common Law Marriage/ after partner Dies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TXleatherneck

Im in Texas and my Partners Mother is saying she is the only heir and wants all his stuff. She was not in invoved in his life while he was living but now she is making mine hell. He did not have any life insurance or anything of value. I am affraid if I push the common law marriage thing so she will leave me alone I will get stuck with all the hospital bills and medical bills because he was in a motorcycle accident and had no insurance and the other person was a illegal immergrant. Who was legal right to the stuff we were living together for 4 years and I could probable prove common law marriage.

TXleatherneck

It was getting stuck with the hospial and medical bills I was wondering about if I pursue the common law marrage, because at this point I am not responsable for any of the debt but if I claim common law marrage to keep the things we collected together which is just house hold furniture will I get the debt also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">