• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Common Law Marriage/Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djbomar

I need to know if Missouri has a law for COMMON LAW MARRIAGES.If there is none, what does the Missouri law say about how property is divided,especially that that both parties have investments in.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

djbomar said:
I need to know if Missouri has a law for COMMON LAW MARRIAGES.If there is none, what does the Missouri law say about how property is divided,especially that that both parties have investments in.
My response:

Missouri is not a common law marriage State. You'll need to see an attorney concerning your property issues because, while easy to ask, is very difficult to answer. Your post was a little sparse, to say the least, concerning what properties and investments, and when each of you acquired the same, and with whose money.

Most Family law attorneys will give you a free initial consultation. See one ASAP.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">