• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

common law marriages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jfdfmr1941

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

does ohio have a common law marriage?

if two people live together are there any legal right even if verbal between the parties>?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

does ohio have a common law marriage?

if two people live together are there any legal right even if verbal between the parties>?
No. And No. The whole constitutional amendment in Ohio pretty much sums that up.

LdiJ

No. And No. The whole constitutional amendment in Ohio pretty much sums that up.
Unless of course the parties own assets together. In that case there are laws that govern that, but as partners in asset ownership, not as anything related to the fact that they lived together romantically.

kaetulle

Common Law for 14 Years, now legally married, but had a third party in between

An LPR has left a common law wife and four children in his home country
and came to the US. After two years of separation from "first family"
he got involved with another woman in the states and "accidentally" had a child with her.

He comes back home and marries the "first" wife. Goes back to the States
and is, allegedly, back to the other woman's arms. Both agreed that there are no strings attached between them, except that he is willing to provide her child support. She keeps quiet and becomes an accomplice to the secret relationship.

If I am the first wife, what rights can I run after without ruining my husband's prospects for the future. If I report what I know, he can be deported, therefore also cannot support our children because back home, he has no job.

So, how can I secure my children's rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">