• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo. laws - noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beale0

My mother moved into a 55+ condo on 11/18/00 in Florida. "Elaine" is neighbor below who started verbally informing mom of the excessive noise from above 3 days after moving in. Mom informed Elaine of the two grandkids who visit on Sunday from 10-11:30 am. (These visits were mentioned by mom to the board prior to the closing and was told it would be okay). Elaine has verbally told her that she is aware when she turns in for the night, washes dishes, etc. which is of concern to mom as it feels as if she is being watched. On 12/20, Mom had the kids from 9am-noon and Elaine called to say, the boys are there and making too much noise running in circles. She proceeded to say that she would formally complain and hung up. 12/22, two representatives of the board appeared at mom's door with a letter from Elaine claiming; 1) noise from running, 2) singing on the porch by the boys and 3) running a babysitting service from condo. These reps. said that the president of the board would contact mom with details of further action. (No copy of the letter was received by mom). President has not contacted mom yet. Reps. of board said they saw two possible resolutions, 1) no more vists from grandkids or 2) she move. Neither are acceptable options for mom. What are her rights? Can they make her either refrain from visits or move? Should she contact an attorney now or after president contacts her for meeting? Should mom write a letter stating basically what I've stated her with her responses to the claims and mail to president prior to the president contacting her? The board meeting is Jan.16 at which time mom is afraid the complaint letter will be read and resolution attempts would be made at that time publically. Would it be good to get the letter to the president so she could have the rebuttle for the meeting?

[Edited by beale0 on 01-03-2001 at 06:07 PM]

LegalBeagle

You would be much better posting this in the 'Landlord / Tenant Issues'. Just use a heading of 'HomeGuru: You have a son' and he will come running and help you out..

G

Grandma B

LegalBeagle said:
You would be much better posting this in the 'Landlord / Tenant Issues'. Just use a heading of 'HomeGuru: You have a son' and he will come running and help you out..
Thus said, LB ascends another rung up the ladder of abuse.

LegalBeagle

Grandma B said:
LegalBeagle said:
Thus said, LB ascends another rung up the ladder of abuse.
Abuse ??

G

Grandma B

(quote)Maybe the last day for this board.. and today I passed 2000 posts.. I think I need to grab a beer, relax and watch for a while

Stats ..

Times I have been abused: 93 (IAAL currently holds this record)
Times I have abused someone: 37
Thanks Given: 132
Offers of sexual favors for help given: 2
Times my parentage has been questioned: 17
Disagreements with IAAL: 3
Corrections made to IAAL posts: 3
Times I have abused HomeGuru: 11
Number of funny posts: 1921
Number found funny by others: 2
Number of times I have insulted AR & OK: 23 Oquote

Get it ???

MySonsMom

I say that's the downfalls of living in a downstairs apt/condo. You are going to hear things when you have people living downstairs.

I live in an upstairs apt and have a 3 yr old. There is an older lady living below us..Poor gal. :)

That's one of the reasons that I chose to take an upstairs apt, I didn't want to hear the noise through the ceiling..walking etc..

I'm interested to know what happens with this situation..Keep us updated.

LegalBeagle

Two things you can count in in Apt buildings.. people who complain about everything.. and extremely inconsiderate people who do not give a damn about anyone else..

MySonsMom

LegalBeagle said:
Two things you can count in in Apt buildings.. people who complain about everything.. and extremely inconsiderate people who do not give a damn about anyone else..
Exactly LB. But there are some things that just can't be helped. My bedroom was in the basement of my parents house and I could here them walking etc...It was annoying.

But yes, when you live so close to your neighbors you are bound to run into a few hassles.

The little gal downstairs has never said anything to me, so I hope that the little's ones walking/running and little jumping at times doesn't bother her.

Now my next door neighbors are 2 college kids, they are a different story! :) But I don't complain, because it's not THAT bad.

G

Grandma B

LegalBeagle said:

Come to think of it, you can pretty much count on both of those types of people in all aspects of life! Thank God for also throwing in a few angels!

LegalBeagle

Grandma B said:
LegalBeagle said:

Come to think of it, you can pretty much count on both of those types of people in all aspects of life! Thank God for also throwing in a few angels!
I hear they hunt for them in Tx..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">