• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TonyFoxboro885

my exgirfriend and i were together for 2 years towards the end of the relationship she slept with someone else and became pregnant, after we broke up i moved back home to Ohio while she stayed in Iowa. shes made claims saying the child is mine and will pursue child support for the child from me which is fine, but yet wont get a paternity test to prove that the child belongs to me and not the other person she slept with...what are my best options to handle this?

Last edited:

Hisbabygirl77

my exgirfriend and i were together for 2 years towards the end of the relationship she slept with someone else and became pregnant, after we broke up i moved back home to Ohio while she stayed in Iowa. shes made claims saying the child is mine and will pursue child support for the child from me which is fine, but yet wont get a paternity test to prove that the child belongs to me and not the other person she slept with...what are my best options to handle this?

Do not sign a AOP or anything stating you are the father until you have a DNA test done. If she files for Child support request a DNA test. Dont just ingore the papers or you will be found father by default. You can also file with the courts yourself.

Antigone*

Ditto HBG.

You are not this baby's father until you are legally declared the father.

You are not obligated to help your ex out in any way.

If you are found to be dad, then a court-ordered parenting plan would be beneficial to everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">