• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consent of parents to take kids over stateline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rubyred

I have a friend who lives in New Mexico. She took her 2 small boys to visit her mother in Las Vegas, her husband is living out of the family house for personal reasons.

My question is: Can my friend get into trouble for taking the 2 minors over statelines without the fathers consent?

Ruby

MySonsMom

Are they divorced or just separated? Have they done anything "legal" regarding child custody etc? If not, the Mother can take the children anywhere she would like.

If they are divorced, and she has custody and the Father visits them; it would be wise of her to let him know of her plans. That is all. (if it truly is just a trip) And assuming that his visitation will not be interrupted by the vacation.

So, depending upon the circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">