• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of a divorce decree.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reely2shy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My son was injured in an accident and critically injured. At the time he was on Medicaid. This was because the non custodial parent did not carry health insurance on him as ordered via the courts in the divorce decree. When we reached an amicable settlement agreement medicaid stepped in and recovered their loss leaving my son with less than he needs to make it through life. (he is disabled now with special needs) My question is this.....
THe non custodial is ordered to carry health insurance on the kids, carry life insurance on themself with the children as beneficiary, to notify the kids of their contact information at all times and be able to be reached. It also states they are to pay half of all medical bills not covered by insurance. So being they did not have insurance on the kids at the time of the accident...cant the money paid back to medicaid be recovered from the non custodial parent? Also what are the consequences of the above matters should we go back to court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">