• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contest restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justice4all?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
Last December my father asked to move in with me when he was told that he was dying. I was happy to take on the task of making him comfortable in his last days and know that I took excellent care of him. I used all my sick days and two weeks vacation in addition to FMLA maximum. He was very appreciative and gave me possesions and money. Mostly, he wanted to make up to me for all the things he had given to them over the years. He also set aside college money for all grandchildren. I nursed him back to health against the odds and he moved back to his home and my sister moved in to take care of him. My sisters found out of the things he gave me and were upset with him. They have always had their hands out and take whatever they can manipulate him out of. I guess that because they steal from him that they think I do too. NOT! They have filled his head with many lies and he is believing them. He is suffering some of the early stages of dementia.
They filed a restraining order against me and my family. He even took back the college money that my children signed a contract for. We went to court and they absolutely LIED about everything! Even accusing me of purposly overdosing him with his medication! The judge ruled in their favor.
I would like to know if there is anything I can do to reverse the outcome. In hindsight we should have had an attorney. I assumed wrongly that they would tell the truth since they were under oath!
I honestly did my very best to take care of him. His doctors said that I was the reason he lived!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">