• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court approval

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inmcox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama
I divorced in March 07 and joint custody was issued with me being the primary physical custody with my ex having liberal visitation . My ex brought me back to court in May 07 and then again in December 08. His complaint was contempt of court because I had moved and didn't send him a certified letter . At the time that this occurred I didn't know I had to send a certified letter because my divorce papers didn't not have that in it nor did my lawyer at that time tell me . My son also has some mental issues . He has been ongoing therapy since January 07. The last time we went to court the judge said that I would have to get court approval to move . My family size has increased recently . There is currently 2 adults (my husband and I ) and 3 kids Adryan (9) Orion(13 months) and Gabriella (1month). We live in a small 3 br and have outgrowed it and need a bigger place. How do I get court approval to move? I don't want to have to go through a lawyer to do this . I don't have the money to keep putting out for a lawyer .What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama
I divorced in March 07 and joint custody was issued with me being the primary physical custody with my ex having liberal visitation . My ex brought me back to court in May 07 and then again in December 08. His complaint was contempt of court because I had moved and didn't send him a certified letter . At the time that this occurred I didn't know I had to send a certified letter because my divorce papers didn't not have that in it nor did my lawyer at that time tell me . My son also has some mental issues . He has been ongoing therapy since January 07. The last time we went to court the judge said that I would have to get court approval to move . My family size has increased recently . There is currently 2 adults (my husband and I ) and 3 kids Adryan (9) Orion(13 months) and Gabriella (1month). We live in a small 3 br and have outgrowed it and need a bigger place. How do I get court approval to move? I don't want to have to go through a lawyer to do this . I don't have the money to keep putting out for a lawyer .What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What did the judge actually order? Do you need prior permission before any move at all? Even within the same town?

inmcox

The judge said that I would have to get court approval to move . It wasn't actually put into court orders he just said it that day in court . I've never moved out of the county. My ex already lives over 200 miles away from us and any move I've done has never changed our visitation arrangement .I just need to know what I need to do . He didn't explain that in court .

ecmst12

If it's not in the order, then you don't have to do it. A short-distance move is not going to substantially affect any custody or visitation issues. Just move. Notify your ex as soon as you know your new address and moving date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">