• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court words/indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freeride

when we all leave the court that day & both parties get final results typed in a letter/regarding the outcomes..
"orders"/modifications granted,,,,
Courts use words,we humans are suppose to know [exact] meaning to,but when arguing with ex,we have to be [very]specific,,so with that in mind could you give us specific definitions to>>>
1-{allowed}="as in" don't have to but can"--"you will be {allowed} to call" so if i happen not to call?/will that be grounds for contempt?

2-{may}="as in" you {may}have1week visit in june"so if i don't is this grounds for contempt?

3-{shall}="as in" you shall have one wk.end per month..
so if i don't is this grounds for contempt?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

freeride said:
when we all leave the court that day & both parties get final results typed in a letter/regarding the outcomes..
"orders"/modifications granted,,,,
Courts use words,we humans are suppose to know [exact] meaning to,but when arguing with ex,we have to be [very]specific,,so with that in mind could you give us specific definitions to>>>
1-{allowed}="as in" don't have to but can"--"you will be {allowed} to call" so if i happen not to call?/will that be grounds for contempt?

2-{may}="as in" you {may}have1week visit in june"so if i don't is this grounds for contempt?

3-{shall}="as in" you shall have one wk.end per month..
so if i don't is this grounds for contempt?
My response:

These words, believe it or not, are "terms of art" and have different meanings in different parts of the country, because in the legal context, they can be "discretionary" or "mandatory". Ask your attorney if you can use his / her "Blacks's Law Dictionary" for specific, legal definitions. Along with that, ask if there are any cases from your neck of the woods that interpret these words.

Do not rely upon a standard dictionary.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">