• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ncladeedi

What is the name of your state? New York

Long, drawn-out (2 yr) divorce. Ex turned me into CPS for child neglect - 1st time was unfounded, 2nd time they indicated me because my daughter has a chipped tooth that hasn't been fixed -I was laid off from my job & didn't have insurance. I did, however, have a sealant put on the tooth until I could afford to have it fixed. Ex hasn't contributed to my child's care in the 2 yrs that we've been apart. ANYWAY - can I fight CPS on this allegation? I've been raising 4 children on my own with no help from anyone & could barely afford groceries on my unemployment. I did not intentionally leave her tooth un-fixed. Please help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? New York

Long, drawn-out (2 yr) divorce. Ex turned me into CPS for child neglect - 1st time was unfounded, 2nd time they indicated me because my daughter has a chipped tooth that hasn't been fixed -I was laid off from my job & didn't have insurance. I did, however, have a sealant put on the tooth until I could afford to have it fixed. Ex hasn't contributed to my child's care in the 2 yrs that we've been apart. ANYWAY - can I fight CPS on this allegation? I've been raising 4 children on my own with no help from anyone & could barely afford groceries on my unemployment. I did not intentionally leave her tooth un-fixed. Please help.
YOu do relaize it is NOT about you the the child is neglected. If it is indicated that the child is neglected that is about the child -- both parents are responsible for that. Why don't you have a child support order against dad? Or is it because she is YOUR daughter and not his? You do call her "my child". He is not responsible to "my child". He is responsible for HIS child.

ETA: I HATE WHEN I DO NOT NOTICE THE DATE ON THE POST IS FROM 2002!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">