+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CPS allegations

ncladeedi Guest

Exclamation CPS allegations

What is the name of your state? New York

Long, drawn-out (2 yr) divorce. Ex turned me into CPS for child neglect - 1st time was unfounded, 2nd time they indicated me because my daughter has a chipped tooth that hasn't been fixed -I was laid off from my job & didn't have insurance. I did, however, have a sealant put on the tooth until I could afford to have it fixed. Ex hasn't contributed to my child's care in the 2 yrs that we've been apart. ANYWAY - can I fight CPS on this allegation? I've been raising 4 children on my own with no help from anyone & could barely afford groceries on my unemployment. I did not intentionally leave her tooth un-fixed. Please help.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncladeedi View Post
    What is the name of your state? New York

Long, drawn-out (2 yr) divorce. Ex turned me into CPS for child neglect - 1st time was unfounded, 2nd time they indicated me because my daughter has a chipped tooth that hasn't been fixed -I was laid off from my job & didn't have insurance. I did, however, have a sealant put on the tooth until I could afford to have it fixed. Ex hasn't contributed to my child's care in the 2 yrs that we've been apart. ANYWAY - can I fight CPS on this allegation? I've been raising 4 children on my own with no help from anyone & could barely afford groceries on my unemployment. I did not intentionally leave her tooth un-fixed. Please help.
    YOu do relaize it is NOT about you the the child is neglected. If it is indicated that the child is neglected that is about the child -- both parents are responsible for that. Why don't you have a child support order against dad? Or is it because she is YOUR daughter and not his? You do call her "my child". He is not responsible to "my child". He is responsible for HIS child.

ETA: I HATE WHEN I DO NOT NOTICE THE DATE ON THE POST IS FROM 2002!
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.