• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cps investigating my family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYGLORIA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My husband and I are currently being investigated by NY CPS for allegations by someone that we are alcoholics, and drug users. Of course these allegations are wrong, however we have incurred 2 visits from separate investigators, and a drug analyst to take a mouth swab of us both. Needless to say, we did comply because we have nothing to hide. However, I do currently take pain meds for a 3 herniated disc surgery that went wrong, and anxiety medication. Which I did tell them about. They counted my meds to see that I am not taking all that is prescribed. But having just gotten out of a hospital for a fall and broken knee, torn ACL, and broken toes I was given Percocet every three hours. Which I did tell them I was in the hospital, but forgot to mention the meds they gave me there. They can check with the hospital.

Also, one of my twin boys (14 yrs old) came home from school today to say a CPS worker came to speak with him. I am furious!

Well, now I have been looking into "What to do if CPS agents are investigating you?", and learned of some things that I was not aware of. One of which is that I did not have to let them into my home.

I am urging you for some legal advise as to what to do if they come back again, and from what I have read...they will. The CPS worker also told my son she will come back to talk to him.

I have told both my boys they do not need to talk to them, and to tell them you want your parents there for them to talk. Is that OK?

Also, when they took our swabs, we did not sign the bags, and it was in our home not a sterile environment. How am I to know that the swabs weren't swapped, or something was done to them?

After reading so much now, I could kick myself for not educating myself before hand. I just never really thought anything would come of this because the allegations are false. Now my husband and I are scared, and upset that we may have helped these people take our children for something we have not done.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Technically, this thread was started 5 mins before https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/cps-investigating-my-family-466041.html so THIS is not the duplicate ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
**A: get with the program. A duplicate thread is not qualified by order of posting or chronological order. Either the first or the second thread could be construed as a duplicate of the other one.
Awww, now you're getting all warm and fuzzy ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">