• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crazy ex takes money and holds up prop. sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nowhereIam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

My ex wife is stopping me from fulfilling the divorce contract. We separated in Apr 08, divorce finalized Sept 08. Ex wife took almost everything of value from the house from Apr 08 to Mar 09, bringing her boyfriend over to help her leaving me mostly garbage. She's taken money from the mortgage account, took and hid the remaining home improvement money before I even thought about it, and changed her name and address on this acct and many others such that I, her ex husband, cannot get history or statements on many things. The bank won't release records because her name is on them yet my paycheck goes in the acct. and my name is also on it! She took money from that joint bank account I kept open for the sole purpose of preserving access to the mortgage payments in the event something happened to me. The do-it-yourself divorce she prepared gives me use of tax deductions but the paper work on it goes to her. It gives us co ownership in the home but I have sole responsibility and burden to pay mortgage, pay for and make repairs, upgrade, pay taxes etc, live in home, sell it by a deadline and give her half the proceeds. She's changed her address and won't give me the new one.

She's entered our residence without our consent, continues hanging on, calls saying she's worried if I'm ok cause she hasn't heard from, sent a dvd, great evidence btw saying things like I'lll never let you go, I'll always love you....as a friend, I tried to find a way to have 2 husbands:eek:, then she relents saying she hears in his email,which asks her to respect boundries, that I need to live my life without my ex wife in all my business and then she dramatically throws the email in the recycle bin stating I should do the same. The dvd is a long emotional roller coaster first saying one thing then another. I wonder if I should keep this evidence from the upcoming restraining order hearing to use it in a later lawsuit?

She has sabotaged our computer, destroyed records, and repeatedly takes things & returns them without notice or request. These items were part of community property but she uses it as a revolving door excuse and also as her reason for getting into my personal belongings. She's gone thru a range of excuses from I need to see if any of my things are in your closet, I need to see my dogs and you can't keep me from the companionship I have with them, to I need food from the garden, and finally she came over finding the locks changed, left a voicemail saying her divorce decree says she has right to check on workability and liveabilty of her house and she's going to break in and I will be paying for repairs cause I can't stop her from entering the home she co owns with me.

The decree states we do co-own the home but I am to live in it, do everything to it, sell it, split the proceeds with her. I agreed to the biased terms because it gave me a date to be done and gone! She says now she will not sign off unless she gets to be here and make sure things are the way she wants them. Over a year I kept making plans for her to come visit the dogs or work on the yard but it never happened. I know now she had no intent to keep any of the plans she kept making. We have no children but have dogs which are not included in the divorce decree though she's claiming the divorce gives her rights to the dogs also and it does not. The decree states only the co ownership and his sole responsibility for everything and her getting half the proceeds.

What implied rights does she have and what rights do I have?
How can I get the home loan money I'm paying on, back?
How can I get bank records and retrieve my missing paycheck/checking money?
She says she won't sign off and now can't contact us due to restraining order so how can the home be sold without her signature?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

My ex wife is stopping me from fulfilling the divorce contract. We separated in Apr 08, divorce finalized Sept 08. Ex wife took almost everything of value from the house from Apr 08 to Mar 09, bringing her boyfriend over to help her leaving me mostly garbage. She's taken money from the mortgage account, took and hid the remaining home improvement money before I even thought about it, and changed her name and address on this acct and many others such that I, her ex husband, cannot get history or statements on many things. The bank won't release records because her name is on them yet my paycheck goes in the acct. and my name is also on it! She took money from that joint bank account I kept open for the sole purpose of preserving access to the mortgage payments in the event something happened to me.

When did she remove the monies? Before or after the divorce?

The do-it-yourself divorce she prepared gives me use of tax deductions but the paper work on it goes to her. It gives us co ownership in the home but I have sole responsibility and burden to pay mortgage, pay for and make repairs, upgrade, pay taxes etc, live in home, sell it by a deadline and give her half the proceeds. She's changed her address and won't give me the new one.

She's entered our residence without our consent, continues hanging on, calls saying she's worried if I'm ok cause she hasn't heard from, sent a dvd, great evidence btw saying things like I'lll never let you go, I'll always love you....as a friend, I tried to find a way to have 2 husbands:eek:, then she relents saying she hears in his email,which asks her to respect boundries, that I need to live my life without my ex wife in all my business and then she dramatically throws the email in the recycle bin stating I should do the same. The dvd is a long emotional roller coaster first saying one thing then another. I wonder if I should keep this evidence from the upcoming restraining order hearing to use it in a later lawsuit?
Why are you even entertaining these communications?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">