• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cust. parent moving more than 100 miles within MI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bellissima

I live in Michigan and am currently looking to move within the state but more than 100 miles away. My ex is opposed to this idea saying the move is too far. I have my families support and feel it will be good for my children as well as myself. What do I need to do to be able to complete this process? I usually have no problem with my ex but he can't see how much better off the kids and I will be financially. Please help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bellissima said:
I live in Michigan and am currently looking to move within the state but more than 100 miles away. My ex is opposed to this idea saying the move is too far. I have my families support and feel it will be good for my children as well as myself. What do I need to do to be able to complete this process? I usually have no problem with my ex but he can't see how much better off the kids and I will be financially. Please help!
My response:

What do your Child Support, Custody and Visitation court orders say ?

If the orders are silent on the issue, get them amended and signed by the judge. Don't have orders ? Go get them.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

bellissima said:
If the father sees the child often and has a good relationship with the child, then how will moving 100 miles away be better ? Are you prepared to drop off and pick up the child for ALL the visitation with the father ?

Having studied MI law last year, I can tell you that the courts do not like CP's moving away from the NCP. It seems to be one of the easiest states to stop a child being moved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">