• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custodial bank accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lily2467

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

i wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so hopefully i guessed correctly. my husband and i went to open bank accounts for the boys last week. when the woman was putting the custodians on the accounts she went to put both our names. but, i had her just put my husbands because i didn't know if that would cause a problem. i didn't know if by being on the account if i would be "misrepresenting" myself, which i don't want to do in any way. the woman at the bank knew i wasn't mom. she said we could come back at any time and change it if we wanted.

so does the custodian on the bank account have anything to do with who has custody? or is it just who is taking care of the account?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">