• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody of grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sj11001

i'm from virginia, my son can't keep a job. iknow him and his significant other does some drugs. grandson lived with us most of summer,while they lived where ever. he just lost another job,friend of my dad offered him one and he won't show up.she won't work and sleeps too late sometimes as not to get grandson ready to catch school bus. son can't pay to have gas turned on to keep house warm during winter. both smoke like freight trains in the house and grandson is asthmatic.what can i do? i love him very much, his pappy and i take him on vacation every year and we are afraid what is happening to him.

E

erev46

A couple of questions, 1. Where is the mother of the child? 2. Does he have leagal custody of the child, if yes how did he get it?
When it comes to grandchildren, grandparents have limited rights in most states. This is not to say you can't petition the courts to have the child removed from the home but, as you well know this causes a tremendous amount of family alienation and pain.
If you truly believe this child is in danger you can go to family services and ask them to investigate. Again be prepared for a long difficult journey which may alienate you from your son and grandson.

Good luck.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">