• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad trying to get out of 99.9% paternity test result

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LOLatDad

This is regarding California.

The NCP initially refused to take a paternity test after he stated in court that he didn't believe our child was his kid after I filed a paternity action against him. We were given LabCorp's information at the hearing to take a test after the judge didn't seem pleased with the NCP reason for refusing to test. The NCP attempted to used an unheard of paternity company that had moved into the SAME office suite that was once shared by the NCP business and this unheard of paternity company phone number is tied to a company that share the same suite as his current wife's business address. This unheard of paternity company has a second address that is tied to a family court psychologist that is on the list for Los Angeles family court. He has been claiming that I'm some mental case even though he is the one that had a temporary restraining order against him after he started interferring with my employment with visits and calls to the manager after I initially ended our relationship when I was still pregnant.

I filed a Dept of Child Support Services (DCSS) case against him almost four years ago. DCSS has only recently been able to serve him at the paternity action court hearing, and DCSS said they would only accept LabCorp paternity test through their office so he had to take that LabCorp test. We got the results back, and he's claiming that he wants a test and bank DNA with this company that's using an address as the same one that the NCP previously used as his business and that's sharing a phone number that's associated with a company that has used the exact same office suite as his wife's company. He refused to use LabCorp in the first test attempt through the paternity lawsuit but took the second test set by DCSS through LabCorp which resulted in what we all knew, he was the dad. He's claiming LabCorp lacks the knowledge and credibility, claims that the LabCorp collector left the room with the sample unattended, and he wants a new test with this questionable company and to have our DNA banked.

I don't think there is any legal reason he could be wanting DNA banking for a child when he has no custody at this time and the child has already taken two LabCorp tests. This seems questionable and I'm planning on denying him access to bank our kid's DNA without a court order. He's claiming it's for future inheritance reasons and because LabCorp isn't a recognized paternity company, but I'm not buying it. Isn't paying monthly child support, providing medical support, and having the kid declared by a court as your kid enough for an inheritance? If he objected to LabCorp so much shouldn't he had immediately filed a motion to not take a paternity test with LabCorp?

As of today, he has not paid one penny for child support towards our kid and she's is almost 4yrs old. I was thinking he was doing this to try to cover up lying about our child when he filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy a year ago by trying to fake paternity results. He denied fathering our child to his bankruptcy court and claimed that he didn't know whether I really had a child or not to his bankruptcy court. In his response to the paternity lawsuit against him, he hand wrote in the paperwork that I "claimed" to be the mother of our daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">