• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Date my aunt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anthony13029

I like my aunt and she likes me. She is 29 and I am 20. I live in New York and was adopted by a family, I met my aunt by blood a couple years ago. I was wondering if I could date her because I was adopted. If not, then I will forget about the whole thing.

LdiJ

I like my aunt and she likes me. She is 29 and I am 20. I live in New York and was adopted by a family, I met my aunt by blood a couple years ago. I was wondering if I could date her because I was adopted. If not, then I will forget about the whole thing.
No, you cannot date your aunt.

adjusterjack

Actually, you can "date" her, just can't have sex with her (or marry her).

NY Penal Code 255.25 Incest in the third degree. A person is guilty of incest in the third degree when he or she marries or engages in sexual intercourse, oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct with a person whom he or she knows to be related to him or her, whether through marriage or not, as an ancestor, descendant, brother or sister of either the whole or the half blood, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece. Incest in the third degree is a class E felony.

justalayman

If dating is a euphemism for doing the nasty, no, you cant do that legally;

A person is guilty of incest in the third degree when he or she marries or engages in sexual intercourse, oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct with a person whom he or she knows to be related to him or her, whether through marriage or not, as an ancestor, descendant, brother or sister of either the whole or the half blood, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece.
Incest in the third degree is a class E felony.

If by dating you mean going to the cotillion, then there is nothing illegal about it. You are free to associate with whomever you wish (unless you are a felon or have an interest in ISIS).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">