+ Reply to Thread
    Michelle Mabe Guest

Unhappy daughter won't let me see grandchild

there is a year-long breach between my daughter & myself. i have tried talking, meeting at a neutral place to talk but to no avail. the worst part is she refuses to allow me to see my almost 5 year old grandson. time passes so quickly, i miss my daughter but i am loosing out on watching him grow up. any suggestions or advice is welcomed. Thanks-NaNoo in Texas.
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member

Re: daughter won't let me see grandchild

Originally posted by Michelle Mabe
    there is a year-long breach between my daughter & myself. i have tried talking, meeting at a neutral place to talk but to no avail. the worst part is she refuses to allow me to see my almost 5 year old grandson. time passes so quickly, i miss my daughter but i am loosing out on watching him grow up. any suggestions or advice is welcomed. Thanks-NaNoo in Texas.

My response:

The unfortunate and sad truth of the matter is that your daughter is within her rights. The United States Supreme Court, in the case of "Troxel vs. Granville" in 2000, made it abundantly clear that, in the absence of your daughter's death or complete and utter unfitness as a custodial parent, she doesn't have to ever let you see or interact with your grandchild.

Sad, but true.

If this riff between you and your daughter isn't somehow patched, you may not see your grandchild until he's 18 years of age.

IAAL