• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Provider feeds kids benadryl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/52239208/#52239208

Some people shouldn't be permitted near kids. Their own or anyone else's.

single317dad

I strongly suspect my ex of feeding our son benadryl on her weekends. I asked the hospital to test him for it, but they said there's no way for them to test for that drug. I suspected they were full of it, so I asked at another hospital in a larger city and was told the same thing. Sounds like this woman admitted it.

justalayman

But seriously, the reporter felt the need to use the visual aids of crushing some pills and showing putting the various ingredients for pancakes in a bowl, and then explaining how the woman would do that and...now hold your breath for this part...

Fried the pancakes!!!!!!!

Wow, I do not think I could have imagined how it was actually done without the visual aids.

justalayman

That's just silly: everyone knows Ny-Quil is the far better choice.

:p:p:p
*yup, I'm just joking.*
and you don't have to crush it.

but they took the sleepy stuff out of Nyquil actually. Now you have to buy ZZZZZZquil which is made actually to put you to sleep and not much else.

Silverplum

and you don't have to crush it.

but they took the sleepy stuff out of Nyquil actually. Now you have to buy ZZZZZZquil which is made actually to put you to sleep and not much else.
Well, you can tell my kids are grown!! :p:p

Thanks for the update: Information is power. ;)

single317dad

Benadryl comes in a liquid for toddlers. They pulled it off the shelves a couple years ago and reformulated because parents were overdosing their kids.

ecmst12

Nyquil still has the same ingredients as always. They just made another medicine without the extra cold stuff. It's silly because it's basically liquid benadryl, but hey, anything to make a buck.

single317dad

Nyquil still has the same ingredients as always. They just made another medicine without the extra cold stuff. It's silly because it's basically liquid benadryl, but hey, anything to make a buck.
There's another one called Tylenol Simply Sleep. I looked at the package and thought "great, it's $2.00 worth of Benadryl for $6.00."

justalayman

ok, if you say so

Previously, NyQuil Cold/Flu Multisymptom Relief and NyQuil Sinus contained pseudoephedrine (30 mg/15 mL), a nasal decongestant that also formed the active ingredient in Sudafed. Following the passage of the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act in 2006, in the United States all pseudoephedrine-containing medications must be kept behind a pharmacy counter and all purchases must be logged.
Vicks chose to reformulate NyQuil Sinus in 2006, replacing pseudoephedrine with phenylephrine. However, studies have shown that phenylephrine is no more effective than a placebo.[3] As of 2012, the only NyQuil variety which contains phenylephrine is Sinus LiquiCaps
God bless Wikipedia!!!!

From Vick's site:

Nyquil cold/flu active ingredients:

Acetaminophen 650 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)

Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg (Cough suppressant)

Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (Antihistamine)

seems like pseudoephedrine HCL is missing.

Isn't that the stuff that makes you sleepy?
They used to make a Nyquil D that did have pseudoephredine HCL but apparently they do not make that any longer

http://www.vicks.com/nyquil-lineup/

ecmst12

Removing pseudoephedrine had nothing to do with the release of Zqyil and happened a few years ago because of the whole meth cooking issue. That is not the ingredient that helps you sleep anyway. Doxylamine is what makes you sleepy. But I do apologize, that's the active ingredient in Unisom, not Benadryl. The two are very similar though.

justalayman

Removing pseudoephedrine had nothing to do with the release of Zqyil and happened a few years ago because of the whole meth cooking issue. That is not the ingredient that helps you sleep anyway. Doxylamine is what makes you sleepy. But I do apologize, that's the active ingredient in Unisom, not Benadryl. The two are very similar though.

jiminy christmas. I said they removed pseudoephridine HCL from Nyquil. I also said there is a product called ZZZZquil that is made as a sleep aid. I did not say the actions were taken at the same time.

and pseudoephridine doesn't make you sleep? Seriously? It makes ME sleepy.

there is currently doxylamine in Nyquil cold/flu and it does not do anything for me as far as making me sleep.

from the Vick's website:

Active Ingredients (in each 30 mL dose cup) (Purpose)

Acetaminophen 650 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)

Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg (Cough suppressant)

Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (Antihistamine)

and apparently it doesn't make millions of other people sleepy either since that is what everybody seems to be complaining about on the internet.

LdiJ

That's just silly: everyone knows Ny-Quil is the far better choice.

:p:p:p
*yup, I'm just joking.*
Many years ago I volunteered to babysit my neighbor's children for the weekend so that mom and dad could go away alone. There were 4 children plus dad and stepmom. Stepmom was a nurse. When stepmom brought the children's stuff over she brought a bottle of Nyquil and instructed me to give the children a dose an hour before bed each night. I was flabbergasted and did NOT do it. They slept just fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">