• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death of a Daughter/grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monnickasmommy

What is the name of your state? az

I am posting this question for a lady that I know -
Her daughter "Shawna " 22 years old and her "baby" son 2 months old died in a house fire- I will be brief to this-
The live 25 miles from town-the daughters boyfriend lite a candle for light he claims (Fire Investagor ruled it a faulty propaine tank) Shawna went to get her other son "Nathaniel" 15 months out of one of the bedrooms, she left the deadbeat boyfriend get the baby- She meets this deadbeat bf out side with "Nathaniel" and says "Wheres the baby? He says in the crib still- He was in the same bedroom with them both so she runs back in the house that is burning fast and never returns- (Investager has pictures of her leaning over his melted crib with Shawna holding him.)
The baby is now in a much better place - he had two shunts and Spina Bifida (sp) She got creamated Red Cross Paid for it- (1200.00)
Her is the ladys question -The baby that died in the fire- the deadbeat dad/boyfriend has done NOTHING for his son- His body has been at the Corners office has not seen him since Oct 26 that is the day they both where killed. It cost him 50.00 to get him creamated since his name in on the Birth Certificate- Can this lady the grandparent do anything legal ? She would like for her Grandson and Daughter to be together but with out his concent to do anything that baby just sits at the corners office until he picks it up-

Can Grandma get SS Death benifits for Nathaniel. and her other kids she left behind She had two others that where living with Grandparents?

nextwife

For SS survivor benefit info, look here:

http://www.ssa.gov/ww&os2.htm

I hope someone else can answer the question about release of the body, I have no idea. Have they called the coroners office to ask what they can do, as the father has failed to act?

And this is a very sad story. He's a scumbag, her two other kids that were born before she chose to move in with the scumbag now have no mom. VERY SAD.

M

monnickasmommy

I will tell her to try that and see what see can do-
Her children are 6 and 4 and the baby Nathaniel is 15 months old, He has another child from a ex wife and she left him for the same reason. Neglet.

D

dyinginside

this is a very sad story. i dont have any legal advice i just wanted to say my heart goes out to this lady. me and my family woke up to our house on fire and had to jump off a roof. we were all fine but as scary as it was we were lucky and all made it out unharmed. it is SO scary and im sorry they werent as lucky.i know you or she doesnt know me but give her my condolences (sp)

Kristen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">