• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death in the family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cunningham002

:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada My mom died this month on 12-18-08 and she and her boyfriend was living together everything in the home belongs to my mother for he had entered the relationship with basically nothing. How do I go about obtaining my moms things. I haven't heard from him not even to tell me he's sorry for my lost.

seniorjudge

You need to file a probate estate (intestate if she had no will; testate if she had one) in the county of her residence as soon as possible.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada My mom died this month on 12-18-08 and she and her boyfriend was living together everything in the home belongs to my mother for he had entered the relationship with basically nothing. How do I go about obtaining my moms things. I haven't heard from him not even to tell me he's sorry for my lost.
Have you contacted him to tell him you are sorry for HIS loss?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">