• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deceased parents medical records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magician2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My doctor asked me how my long ago my parents died and from what ( at least 5 years, probably more).
How can I access their records. I do have both of their S.S.#s if that will help. Can you help me?

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My doctor asked me how my long ago my parents died and from what ( at least 5 years, probably more).
How can I access their records. I do have both of their S.S.#s if that will help. Can you help me?
The complete medical records may or may not still be available. The provider is not required to keep them beyond whatever the statutory requirment period is in the particular state. You could try writing to their doctors or calling them.

However, the death certificate copies can be ordered, which state a cause of death. Is there a reason you don't KNOW what they died of?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">