• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied acces to mother ----Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seedyarkestra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My sister sought to evict me from my mother's house, because my sister has Durable Power of Attorney(DPOA) over my mother. The Judge dismissed the case immediately. My mother lives with my sister. Within a few days after the case was dismissed i went with my aunt to my siter's house to visit my mother. My sister called myself and my aunt away from my mother and told us that i am not welcome in her house and i may not see my mother in her ( my sster's ) house. She said that she would make arrangments to bring my mother to my residence, the same residence she is seeking to evict me from. What are my rights here. Can my sister really keep me from visiting my mother at my sister's house. i want to know the best way to assert the rights I have in this matter. Just because i have a soured relationship with my sister, I would hope that my sister really cannot deny me access to my mother. if she does can i do things such as simply take my mother to lunch outside the house and/or buy a seperate cell phone for my mother so i can have some way of talking to my mother, without m sister's interference?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My sister sought to evict me from my mother's house, because my sister has Durable Power of Attorney(DPOA) over my mother. The Judge dismissed the case immediately. My mother lives with my sister. Within a few days after the case was dismissed i went with my aunt to my siter's house to visit my mother. My sister called myself and my aunt away from my mother and told us that i am not welcome in her house and i may not see my mother in her ( my sster's ) house. She said that she would make arrangments to bring my mother to my residence, the same residence she is seeking to evict me from. What are my rights here. Can my sister really keep me from visiting my mother at my sister's house. i want to know the best way to assert the rights I have in this matter. Just because i have a soured relationship with my sister, I would hope that my sister really cannot deny me access to my mother. if she does can i do things such as simply take my mother to lunch outside the house and/or buy a seperate cell phone for my mother so i can have some way of talking to my mother, without m sister's interference?

Your sister can prevent you from being on HER property. You can see your mother elsewhere. Your mother is a competent adult and can therefore decide if she wants to have a cell phone to communicate with you or go to dinner with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">