• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dependent sister lives with elderly parents can they all move to seniors home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbobbitt

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?
California

My retarded sister who is 50 yrs old, lives with my elderly parents and they are rapidly in need of moving to an assisted living facility.

My question is, since my sister is a legel dependent of my parents, is she eligible to move into a senior citizen's asisted living home even though she is not 65?

They have no real property and not a lot of retirement coming in, mostly social security. My sister receives her own social security and SSI. She has medi-care and medi-cal.

There are a couple of new places being built in our area and I would like to know this info so that I can go looking well informed.

Thank-You

K

knorris

I believe that she should be able to based on her being mentally retarded and your parent being her care givers. I worked in a nursing home when I was going to college. we had a couple and their daughter who were all residence. basicly it was the same situation as you have described. the daughter was retarded and the parents had always been her caregivers. so when they reached the point were the were unable to take care of their owns basic need's they all three moved to the center. you should call around to some centers and they should be able to answer your question. Good luck to you and them Kathie :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">