• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate to know how to go forward

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AzGrown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My mother is showing symptoms of alcohol dementia - she wanted to
go to rehab three weeks ago and went to one in Oregon and they sent
her home after only four days of detox - saying she wasn't yet clear to
start the rehab program. With that being said a psychiatrist checked her out and they did a brain scan on her and she was ok on both accounts. My step father is saying he is leaving for good every few days and she can
not in her condition fend for herself. She tries to make phone calls from
her television remote control, tries to peel tomatoes, breaks several glasses a day and is unsteady as she doesn't seem to see well. She gets up only to drink some wine and then back to bed shortly after and is spending about 16 hours a day in bed. They have a comfortable life yet
she has never gone to rehab only detox and now he keeps saying he doesn't want to pay for a rehab stay. I don't want her to die and she doesn't seem to be able to make any decision on her own and I am also afraid that if he does leave she needs some legal advice. I think she can get better - she just needs some help from a committed person which he is not to her recovery. He buys her cases of wine every weekend and then goes out of town leaving her to fend for herself as well as fixes her Porsche to make sure it runs while he is gone. Thank god she knows she can not drive but has had some small accidents without police involvement and will eventually drive. She also has had three major stays at local hospital to treat her pancreas and drinking runs the risk of dying from this. Any suggestions as to how to help her ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">