• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperately need legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

staind3525

:mad:I am having alot of trouble from my ex husband regarding our daughter. We had a VERY bad divorce and she has suffered alot and unfortunately still is. I would like to put her in counseling and he is refusing to let me. What can I do about this? I dont have the money for an attorney and I make too much for legal aid and he knows that so he constantly gives me trouble. Also, I am bound to the county I live in because he insisted on it being in the divorce papers and my current husband is in the Army Reserve and would like to go active but not sure what we can do about that either. Can someone help? FLORIDA

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so what kind of custody do you have? Why haven't you gone back to court to fight to get your child in couseling? You can move with your hubby but your child may not be able to.

Gracie3787

:mad:I am having alot of trouble from my ex husband regarding our daughter. We had a VERY bad divorce and she has suffered alot and unfortunately still is. I would like to put her in counseling and he is refusing to let me. What can I do about this? I dont have the money for an attorney and I make too much for legal aid and he knows that so he constantly gives me trouble. Also, I am bound to the county I live in because he insisted on it being in the divorce papers and my current husband is in the Army Reserve and would like to go active but not sure what we can do about that either. Can someone help? FLORIDA
Take your divorce decre to an attorney for a consult. You can get a low cost consult by calling the FL Bar Lawyer Refferal Service at 1-800-342-8011.

You can file a motion regarding the counseling issue. You don't have to hire an attorney, you can file pro-se. Here are some links that wil help:

Forms and other court info- Florida State Courts

Statutes in chapter 61- Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Rules of procedure- http://phonl.com/fl_law/frcp

FL Family Law Rules- http://phonl.com/fl_law/famlawrules

If your ex is a regular part of his daughter's life, it would be very difficult to get a court order allowing you to move her away from her father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">