• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DFCS Wont close my case yet they have no case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fdickerson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have a DFCS case that they refuse to close. I have done everything that they have asked me to do.*When we moved from my previous address, we had the electricity cut off immediately to prevent a higher bill. However we still had three weeks before the date we had agreed with the previous landlord on as the vacate day. Our new landlords wanted to get rid of a rat problem that was at the home, so they put out poison. I didn't want my animals or my children around it, so we stayed with my grandmother and mother for 2 weeks. They were not allowed to have dogs, so I had to return them to our previous address and had to keep them in the house. My husband returned daily to feed and water them, but he didn't go further then the entrance.*When the 2 weeks was up, we brought our animals to our new home, and I paid a family member to go with my husband to the previous address to help clean up while I stayed with the children. My husband told me that they dogs had torn up garbage and had strewn it throughout the house, that they had used the restroom in the floor, and strewn the clothes we had bagged up to bring to the new house all over one of the bedrooms. We still had a lot of our things in the home, due to a space issue at my mothers house, but we still had time to get the remaining items from the home and clean up. When my husband and my uncle went to the house to clean everything up and get everything in order before we returned the keys, the previous Landlord, Clarence Head, came out and illegally pulled his gun on them and made them leave, although our vacate day had not yet arrived. They then called DFCS on us.*We had just moved in 2 days before DFCS showed up and started getting everything unpacked so there were boxes everywhere, we had just moved our refrigerator into the home late the night before the case worker showed up to the house and it needed to be cleaned out from sitting with things in it for 2 weeks without electricity, and my clothes were in garbage bags in the kitchen floor (Where my washing machine and dryer are located). DFCS showed up at about 9-10 in the morning, and immediately opened a case. However, when he came back 3 days later, my home was clean. I have many witnesses who have came to my home and have stated that my home stays clean, and the DFCS case worker has stated that he seen no reason to continue with the case, but states that his supervisor will not let him close it, I was asked to complete an early intervention class with the HR department which I cooperated and completed, my home has been clean every time he has popped up for a check, my children are happy and healthy with no marks on them, and my husband and I have cooperated fully.*When I ask why the case is open, the case worker has given me a different reason each time I asked. The first time he stated that it was because of the condition of our previous address, although we have proof that we had not lived there in almost 3 weeks by that point. The second response was because of a case that was opened in another county almost three years ago, which I agreed to have opened in order to get help for the father of my children who had a drug problem at the time. The Pickens County DFCS investigator had told me that they would close the investigation but that he would not receive help, or they would continue to simply monitor us while they helped him. I knew he needed help, so I agreed. Another answer the DFCS Case Worker had given me was the fact that I am 22 and my husband is 24. His exact words were "We are concerned with you both being so young that it is just too much stress on you with 3 children."I was initially told that the case would be closed within a month, they just needed to do a couple of pop up visits to ensure my home was staying clean, that was in the beginning of April. Then I was told that once I completed the HR classes, the case would close, yet I completed them a month ago. I was then told that they wanted to wait until school started in order to verify they are in school and where, although my children attending school has nothing to do with this case, nor the previous case. When I told the case worker that this entire case was bologna and he knew it, his response was "It is not my call to keep it open." They want to contact my children's school, and I have not given them permission to do so, and have stated that I refuse for them to contact the school.They keep pushing to have the case continue, they refuse to close my case, and they refuse to listen to my right as a mother to deny them access to call my children's school on their behalf. I have plenty of text message between the case worker and myself where he has continued to state he is trying to get my case closed but has been unsuccessful because of his supervisor.*I need help to have this case closed, because I do not like having to explain to my children who these strange people are, or why I have to undress my daughter in front of a stranger regularly to be checked for marks, or why I am crying and stressed out because I feel like they are trying to find a reason to take my children away from me for no real reason. They have even went as far as to ask a family member of mine if she would be willing to take the children if they were removed from my care. The biggest thing about that question is, it was asked AFTER I had done EVERYTHING they had asked me to do. I am a good mother, my husband is a good father, and our children are happy kids who are taken very good care of. I lost a son in 2012 to SIDS, so the thought of someone fighting to take my kids away from me hits a certain spot in me and I can't live my life like this. It is unnecessary. Please help me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please shorten this and put "white space" (ie: paragraphs) in to the post. That huge block of text is difficult to read. You'll be lucky if anyone actually does read it all.

fdickerson

short version

I have a DFCS case that they refuse to close. I have done everything that they have asked me to do.*

When we moved from my previous address, we had the electricity cut off immediately to prevent a higher bill. However we still had three weeks before the date we had agreed with the previous landlord on as the vacate day. Our landlords wanted to get rid of a rat problem that was at the home, so they put out poison. I didn't want my animals or my children around it, so we stayed with my grandmother and mother for 2 weeks. They were not allowed to have dogs, so I had to return them to our previous address and had to keep them in the house. My husband returned daily to feed and water them, but he didn't go further then the entrance.*

When the 2 weeks was up, we brought our animals to our new home, and I paid a family member to go with my husband to the previous address to help clean up while I stayed with the children. My husband told me that they dogs had torn up garbage and had strewn it throughout the house, that they had used the restroom in the floor, and strewn the clothes we had bagged up to bring to the new house all over one of the bedrooms. We still had a lot of our things in the home, due to a space issue at my mothers house, but we still had time to get the remaining items from the home and clean up.

When my husband and my uncle went to the house to clean everything up and get everything in order before we returned the keys, the previous Landlord, Clarence Head, came out and illegally pulled his gun on them and made them leave, although our vacate day had not yet arrived. They then called DFCS on us.*

We had just moved in 2 days before DFCS showed up and started getting everything unpacked so there were boxes everywhere, we had just moved our refrigerator into the home late the night before the case worker showed up to the house and it needed to be cleaned out from sitting with things in it for 2 weeks without electricity, and my clothes were in garbage bags in the kitchen floor (Where my washing machine and dryer are located). DFCS showed up at about 9-10 in the morning, and immediately opened a case.

However, when he came back 3 days later, my home was clean. I have many witnesses who have came to my home and have stated that my home stays clean, and the DFCS case worker has stated that he seen no reason to continue with the case, but states that his supervisor will not let him close it, I was asked to complete an early intervention class with the HR department which I cooperated and completed, my home has been clean every time he has popped up for a check, my children are happy and healthy with no marks on them, and my husband and I have cooperated fully.*

When I ask why the case is open, the case worker has given me a different reason each time I asked. The first time he stated that it was because of the condition of our previous address, although we have proof that we had not lived there in over 3 weeks by that point.

The second response was because of a case that was opened in another county over three years ago, which I agreed to have opened in order to get help for the father of my children who had a drug problem at the time. The DFCS investigator had told me that they would close the investigation but that he would not receive help And couldn't be around the kids, or they would continue to simply monitor us while they helped him. I knew he needed help, so I agreed.

Another answer the DFCS Case Worker had given me was the fact that I am 22 and my husband is 24. His exact words were "We are concerned with you both being so young that it is just too much stress on you with 3 children."

I was initially told that the case would be closed within a month, they just needed to do a couple of pop up visits to ensure my home was staying clean, that was in the beginning of April.

Then I was told that once I completed the HR classes, the case would close, yet I completed them a month ago.

I was then told that they wanted to wait until school started in order to verify they are in school and where, although my children attending school has nothing to do with this case, nor the previous case.

When I told the case worker that this entire case was bologna and he knew it, his response was "It is not my call to keep it open." They want to contact my children's school, and I have not given them permission to do so, and have stated that I refuse for them to contact the school.

They keep pushing to have the case continue, they refuse to close my case, and they refuse to listen to my right as a mother to deny them access to call my children's school on their behalf. I have plenty of text message between the case worker and myself where he has continued to state he is trying to get my case closed but has been unsuccessful because of his supervisor.*

I need help to have this case closed, because I do not like having to explain to my children who these strange people are, or why I have to undress my daughter in front of a stranger regularly to be checked for marks, or why I am crying and stressed out because I feel like they are trying to find a reason to take my children away from me for no real reason.

They have even went as far as to ask a family member of mine if she would be willing to take the children if they were removed from my care. The biggest thing about that question is, it was asked AFTER I had done EVERYTHING they had asked me to do.

I am a good mother, my husband is a good father, and our children are happy kids who are taken very good care of. I lost a son in 2012 to SIDS, so the thought of someone fighting to take my kids away from me hits a certain spot in me and I can't live my life like this. It is unnecessary. Please help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">