• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dhs and rules??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jgott68

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
My bf was accused of abuse on my 8year old by my exhusband. The case has since been unfounded and uncomfirmed. But DHS is still telling us that he cant be around my child due to concerns. But they won't state the concerns. Can I stop being volunteer and move out of the county without them taking my child?

Silverplum

My bf was accused of abuse on my 8year old by my exhusband. The case has since been unfounded and uncomfirmed. But DHS is still telling us that he cant be around my child due to concerns. But they won't state the concerns. Can I stop being volunteer and move out of the county without them taking my child?
I would say that's the nearly the most unwise plan of all possible plans.

Just Blue

Either you and BF hire an attorney to deal with DHS or you and BF ONLY move. You can place the child in ex's care if you find living with the BF more important than having custody of the child.

tuffbrk

You may want to look up MN rules regarding engagement rigns. In some states, the ring has to be returned if the woman broke off the relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">