• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I waste my time here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MarianneV

I am from IL, but recently forced to flee to AZ. I posted a previous message regarding some desperate concerns I have. I realize I might not get an answer right away, but as I go through the threads, today, I see some that are like chat rooms with some flirting going on. I thought this was for people who need some solid advice/input. I am wondering if this was a place to come for that? It would be nice to get someone's input on my situation (see earlier threads, under my name "MarianneV", for I am really in need of help and I am not getting any from the courts. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MarianneV said:
I am from IL, but recently forced to flee to AZ. I posted a previous message regarding some desperate concerns I have. I realize I might not get an answer right away, but as I go through the threads, today, I see some that are like chat rooms with some flirting going on. I thought this was for people who need some solid advice/input. I am wondering if this was a place to come for that? It would be nice to get someone's input on my situation (see earlier threads, under my name "MarianneV", for I am really in need of help and I am not getting any from the courts. Thank you.

My response:

I am not going to search for your question. If you would like a response, re-post it here.

IAAL

M

MarianneV

My reply:

I am not going to search for your question. If you would like a response, re-post it here.

IAAL

IAAL,

I am sorry you could not search for my earlier reply, it was on the same page, just a little down from this one. Sorry it would be a problem for you to look a little for it. Here it is again, however, hopefully you can perhaps give your input as to whom I may contact or where I can go for assistance. I could use another head right now, you know...two heads are better than one.

Thank you
MV

Posted earlier:
Illnois - desperate and destitute!
I need someone's advice, quickly. My divorce ended 12/4/00 with the order to have back child support, my title to my car sent, emancipation of my daughter, and an agent of mine to get my awarded things by January 4, 2001 (within 30 days of divorce decree). Nothing has been done.

My attorney tells me how she calls the respondent's attorney but gets no answers. That's it! She has done nothing else. I've heard the respondent (the ex) has destroyed and/or hidden my things with intent on my not getting them. I am financially destitute from this, am living with a friend who was kind enough from keeping me from living on the street. I have creditors at my door because of the expense of this divorce (I was depending on getting the settlement by the assigned date to pay my creditors). I have become physically disabled because of all of this, increasing stress which has accelerated my rhuematoid arthritis and scoleosis to the point that I cannot work anymore. I cannot drive my car because he refuses to give me the title, I cannot get new plates or insurance for it. Since I was forced from my home, (2 yrs ago as he is an abusive alcoholic and my 18 yr old son was physical against me. The counselors and law enforcement warned me to get as far away as possible for my safety) has caused me great financial distress. I no longer have any money to continue on, yet my attorney keeps wanting me to return to IL to file a "rule to show cause". She cannot seem to help me with an injunction against him to protect my things, or prepare and file the proper paperwork for my share of his company sponsored 401K. What can I do? I cannot go back to Illinois physically or financially and my attorney is aware of this, yet seems to want me to still come. She is not pro-active. Can someone please advise me on this? My attorney seems only to have time to call the other side, who continues to ignore her, while my husband makes plans to destroy, sell or hide my things when he moves soon. I am desparate and at a loss as to what to do... Any input, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: My reply:

MarianneV said:

I am sorry you could not search for my earlier reply, it was on the same page, just a little down from this one. Sorry it would be a problem for you to look a little for it.
My response:

Your desperation in life is not my problem. Don't take your crap out on me, or anyone.

Perhaps you were correct initially. It was a waste of time for you to come here.

Get your advice FOR FREE from someplace else, because I'm not going to give my legal knowledge, that I paid for with money, blood, sweat and tears, for 4 years, and 21 years of running a law office, to some smartass.

IAAL

M

MarianneV

Your desperation in life is not my problem. Don't take your crap out on me, or anyone

Let's see, IAAL, the statement in red above the "your reply" area of these posting says and I quote "When Replying to a message, please be considerate, respectful and polite. Remember, there is a human being on the other side of that computer"
Well, IAAL, you do not do that do you? You are very disrespectful and not polite. I have read your other postings and if this was a respectable website then you should be deleted. I honestly came here for help or advise on what to do and you write to me with nothing but disrespect and foul language. You will be reported. I hope others reading this will take heed in your insolence and your rude mannerisms. You must not have a very good life to treat other people this way. As a matter of fact, I bet you don't have any life at all and get your kick out of trying to hurt others who are hurting and needing a friend.

So, in closing IAAL, I hope you truly find some happiness in your life and .... no, let me rephrase that....

GET A LIFE!

Thank you so much for your ignorance, it does prove there are lower life forms out there after all.

M

MarianneV

There are 3 postings - this is the second

To all readers;

There are three postings done by me...the first was my original question...."Illinois - No help from attorney..."

This is the second and the third was about negative comments from IAAL.

Please note the times of the responses as well. As you can see, I was trying to get an answer and reposted my original here (as requested by IAAL with my apology) and then it started....

Please, if you intend to post a negative response to me and not respond to my original question, don't. I am only looking for an answer, not a chat fight. It isn't my intention.

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please utilize another site.

You will not receive a response from anyone here.

Now, you're being a bit psychotic. You keep coming back when you've been informed, and know, that no one is going to give you any answers.

IAAL

T

TaylorsMom

can't help myself lol

(i know i shouldn't respond, it would only cause more aggrvation, but...)

we all hate our attorneys! what's new! so what, relax! tell a couple of good lawyer jokes, like:

a housewife, an accountant and a lawyer were asked "How much is 2 + 2 ?"

the housewife responds "Four"!!!!

The accountant says "I think it's either 3 or 4. Let me run those figures through my spreadsheet one more time".

The lawyer pulls the drapes, dims the lights, and then asks in a hushed voice...."how much do you want it to be?"

i love this site. it's helped me lots.

J

jj'smom

IAAL'S attitude

Hi MarianneV.

I agree with you regarding IAAL. How can he speak for all of us on this forum that not one person will help you? I've been to several forums and there always is an "IAAL" in all of them. So ignore his comments because he probably doesn't have a life. If he had any integrity, he would stop the quibbling and patronizing of all of us seeking help and actually just help us. Instead, he tells you that you are basically blackballed, MarianneV, and to go to another site. But don't. I'm sure there are a lot of caring people out there that can help divorced moms like us get through our issues.

IAAL is on here a lot. He must not be very busy in his law firm or he is retired and stays on the computer all the time. Ignore him. He is but one fish in a great ocean.

I hope you get your issues solved. I'm doing my hardest to get mine solved..............without lawyers. There are some free legal centers out there. Your local courthouse may point you to one or have that service. Mine does. Just takes a lot of time going through the hoops, but it gives me a sense of control. Hope you are well. JJ's Mom.

M

MarianneV

Thank you, jj'smom

Thank you so much for your kind words, jj'smom. I have been quiet in disbelief over all the postings and very disheartened by them as well. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. It is hard during a time, that I truly didn't want happen, yet through alcoholism I could not avoid. I did everything I could to save my marriage. It was when he kicked me out that I couldn't save it anymore. I am very distressed that this has happened to me, but I am trying to do the best I can for myself, yet still try to help my family, so they do not continue to suffer. He is continuing his abuse, attacking my daughter and her friend, physically, just this past weekend. My attorney has moved to Philadelphia and I have no where to turn but to the web in hopes that someone out there can turn me in the right direction. It is a struggle to find anyone there that really cares. You have shown this to me, and I truly appreciate it, so much more than you can know.
I wish you well, now and in the future. I pray for much happiness and peace for you. God bless, jj'smom. MarianneV

J

jj'smom

Hi MarianneV

Since I posted to you, I was harrassed by LegalBeagle who is a friend of IAAL. But no worries. Like I said, there are others out there who care and let's hope they answer us. So chin up !

Try to find a legal center from your local court to find answers. There should be a Domestic Violence Department there and they should point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps. If you want, email me at [email protected] and we can talk whenever you want.

Peace,
JJ'sMom

M

MarianneV

Thank you, again

To jj'smom....

I was afraid that you would get negative responses and hesitated replying, but wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your thoughts. I hope this hasn't opened a can of worms for you, I am afraid that it has and it is so sad there are people out there that do this. I feel bad this has happened to you, but not surprised.

I wish you well and yes, I will email you, it will be safer this way and you won't be under attack anymore, I hope.

Thank you again, for your kind words...MarianneV

J

jj'smom

no worries

if there is one thing i have learned through all of this it is how to ignore the ignorant comments from outsiders. good luck to you. Make sure you protect yourself and your family with proper restraining orders.
take care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">