• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce or abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

julian07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa. My wife left me about 9 years ago and I just recently found out where she is. Is there any way to to an abandonment or will I have to do a uncontested divorce? There are no kids or assets in this also.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa. My wife left me about 9 years ago and I just recently found out where she is. Is there any way to to an abandonment or will I have to do a uncontested divorce? There are no kids or assets in this also.
What do you wish to accomplish? :confused:

Whether she abandoned you or not, you'll still have to divorce her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Apparently he believes he is common law married to his squeeze. Which he isn't but if he were, he would be a bigamist. Wonder if his current girl believes they are common law married and he has not tried to dissuade her of that.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">