• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any rights to my biological father's estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgarr99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota, California

While my mother was married to my "legal" father, she had an affair which resulted in my birth. While my "legal" father's name is on my birth certificate because my mother was married to him when I was born, my "Biological" father have met and developed a conversational relationship. He has never been married and has no other children. He has acknowledged me as his biological daughter although we have never had blood tests. I was born in Minnesota and now live in Wisconsin. He now lives in California and has lived with a woman for about 15 years. He just happens to have a LOT of money. I have never talked to him about his will, but do I have any rights if he dies without a will or if he leaves me out of his will? What if his girlfriend doesn't even tell me when he dies? Will she get everything if he dies because she has lived with him for so long?

nextwife

You have rights to potentially inherit from your father- your legal father. The man who helped raise you,. The man who was REALLY there, not the one who was there at conception and then uninvolved until all the raising was done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">