• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have the right to sue my ex-wife for unnecessary legal costs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Skorpionn

Enough said...

CHILDREN DESERVE TWO LOVING PARENTS -- THEIR FATHER AND THEIR MOTHER.
This is very true - in most cases. No, I can't say that I have known or known of many men who get custody and child support. Keep this in mind - what kind of woman was/is she that a judge would award for him on these issues. My step-kids mother is a LOSER in every way. She is NOT a loving parent, she's detrimental to them in every way. My husband took care of his kids without complaint or issue when she deserted them to be a star in L.A. HE even gave her a cell phone and paid the bill so she could call them ANYTIME. But guess what happened, she didn't call her kids but a total of 7 minutes in a three month period, yet her phone bills escalated into the hundreds, and he had no choice but to take the phone out of his name. My husband deserves some praise for his dedication to his children, not put-downs!!! I'm sure this is a touchy subject for almost anyone who's been involved in a divorce, but come on now, there is no need to attack me. I am taking better care of my step-kids than their own mother did or ever could. I don't view child support as "ransom" - it's necessary and well worth the enforcement. If a man or woman takes a chance while having sex and gets pregnant/gets someone pregnant, they SHOULD take responsibility - PERIOD!!! The children deserve someone on their side since one income is not enough to take care of children in a single parent household. I don't feel bad for a man who impregnates a woman, runs off, gets tracked down, DNA tested, and then made to pay child support - come on, keep IT in the holster or pay the consequences. Any woman who runs off and leaves her children to pursue her dream should be equally accountable. Any one being harassed for child support that they don't want to pay can very easily sign relinquishment papers thus giving away their responsibility and rights to the minor - problem solved. Yet these poor idiots hold on to some ridiculous notion that they can someday have a relationship with the kids they denied, ignored and otherwise treated like dirt - HA, HA!!!! These kids being treated like this will grow up to know that their "parent" doesn't care, never did, and never will because ACTION (no support or even any attempt at it) speaks louder than words (oh, I'll take you to Disneyland and get you a pony)!!!! Enough said, my questions have been basically answered, and I see no need for me to keep up such pointless banter.....

H

huskerfan41

I'm sorry if you have misunderstood my last post.

i do agree with you -- that your husband's ex is a loser... and you are quite right -- that since the judge ruled in your husband's favor -- she MUST be quite a piece of work...

i'm sorry you guys must endure this.

i won't go on to argue any of my points on child support or statistics -- i think you've had enough.

again, please accept my apologies

C

Cathy71

Huskerfan41

You are just trying to get advice, as I was. In the future post it as a man. Otherwise Huskerfan41 will go on a witch hunt for any women seeking advice (which is what this forum is for right?).
He is obviously a man who judges each post by the gender of the submitter.

H

huskerfan41

Re: Huskerfan41

Cathy71 said:
You are just trying to get advice, as I was. In the future post it as a man. Otherwise Huskerfan41 will go on a witch hunt for any women seeking advice (which is what this forum is for right?).
i feel soooo special now -- that i have been the victim of your vomit...

however, just for the record -- no, i'm not a man (as i've stated in previous posts).

i'm a wife, mother and step-mother.

however, i'm also an advocate of children -- an avid supporter of families -- even if there is two of them -- and am willing to tackle the government to try and get the biasness out of the judicial process when it comes to custody rights.

i believe that all custody cases should begin with a 50/50 split -- unless it can be proven that one parent is unfit. i also believe in child support reform.

i'm sorry if this offends you -- but it is my opinion -- and i'm willing to fight for those statements above.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Huskerfan41

Cathy71 said:
Apologies usually warrant an "I accept."

S

Skorpionn

RE: Apologies

It's hard to accept an apology when the attack was unjustified to begin with. As I stated in my last post...this ridiculous banter has grown tiring, thus no fast and frenzied acceptance of an apology. It's the same in every other forum I've ever posted, and regardless of the subject matter - prey and predator - with no REAL reason for attacking other than they just CAN!!!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: RE: Apologies

Skorpionn said:
It's hard to accept an apology when the attack was unjustified to begin with. As I stated in my last post...this ridiculous banter has grown tiring, thus no fast and frenzied acceptance of an apology. It's the same in every other forum I've ever posted, and regardless of the subject matter - prey and predator - with no REAL reason for attacking other than they just CAN!!!!!
Then perhaps you should look at yourself for the reasons. Because I haven't seen that pattern and I am on a hell of a lot of forums.

Huskerfan apologized quite quickly - which indicates some remorse. If you want to be an a$$ about it, go ahead.

Son of Slam

People who are not civil enough to live together and raise their children should have to have them fixed to put an end to the piss poor genes. Selfish and mean people suck as parents. Shame is on you, and your childern suffer.

C

Cathy71

so sorry

I apologize to those I offended in my post. I know ther is no call for my banter, I was recently assulted by my ex again and took it out on my keyboard and your forum.

I learned a heartfelt lesson and hope you can accept this. You have my word I will not go online or to this forum when I need to sound off.

Sincerely-Cathy71

S

saturn3

This thread gave me a headache. All the courts care about, bottom line, is the kids. If they are being taken care of properly, who give a care about the "feelings" of the divorced parents! I am a divorced parent. I cannot stand the way I was treated by my ex. So what! We do come together when it comes to our son. And that is all that matters. Who is at fault? Who cares! Who is the better parent is all that counts. The child or children are all that matters. If both are the better, share the love! If all you care about is what you will get in the end, you are stupid! ALL THAT MATTERS IS the what the child gets! Bottom line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">