• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Documentation of benefits of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AzJason

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I know laundry lists of the benefits of marriage can be found all across the web, but I am having trouble locating where in legal terms it specifies what a marriage entails. In other words where is the written source for all these benefits?

CSO286

I know laundry lists of the benefits of marriage can be found all across the web, but I am having trouble locating where in legal terms it specifies what a marriage entails. In other words where is the written source for all these benefits?
Google is your friend.

I'mTheFather

Your state's statutes will spell out the legal responsibilities and benefits of marriage.

tranquility

Can I give my wife money for sex? Where will I find that statute?

I really like how my mother-in-law cooks, it's quite a benefit, where will I find the statute giving me that benefit?

I'mTheFather

Can I give my wife money for sex? Where will I find that statute?

I really like how my mother-in-law cooks, it's quite a benefit, where will I find the statute giving me that benefit?
If you're willing to wait, I'm expect there will someday be statutes to address those benefits legally. ;)

Last edited:

LdiJ

For those legal benefits where there are written sources, the sources will not be all in one place.

Examples: tax benefits will be found in the federal and state tax codes. Insurance benefits will be found in the state insurance codes. Home ownership benefits will be found in the real estate codes and the family law codes. Benefits pertaining to children will be found in many different areas of the state code, etc.

There is not one law, one source that codifies all of the benefits of marriage.

tranquility

Until the statutes deal with the toilet seat issue (up/down) and the toilet paper issue (over/under), NOTHING IS SOLVED.

CSO286

Until the statutes deal with the toilet seat issue (up/down) and the toilet paper issue (over/under), NOTHING IS SOLVED.
I an the Queen Of The World and I decree: toilet paper shall be over and the toilet seat shall always be down.

So sayeth ME.

I'mTheFather

I an the Queen Of The World and I decree: toilet paper shall be over and the toilet seat shall always be down.

So sayeth ME.
Honey, I hate to outrank you, but.....

Fortunately, I agree with the toilet paper, but I think we should all have automatic toilet seats.

CSO286

Honey, I hate to outrank you, but.....

Fortunately, I agree with the toilet paper, but I think we should all have automatic toilet seats.
I'm still the Queen of You, darling.... *grin*

Toilet seat down unless one is ill or cleaning.

And, cbg, I adore you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">