• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does marrying my fiance dissolve the legal guardianship his parents have of him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FarmerJ

If this persons current guardian learns where a recorded marriage is filed they will have to go to the courts to have it vacated, SO heres the deal , assuming he is over 18 the best way to deal with this is that he get in touch with your states ombudsman for vulnerable adults / persons with developemental disabilities and ask for help so he can become his own gaurdian. A problem I see alot with the DD consumers I have come to know thru work is that many times when a guardian is parents the parents are so restrictive to the point that the adult child they hold guardianship of actually is held back , meaning that the guardian is keeping them from being as independent as possible , I have known guardians who forced the adult child to attend church when the adult child did not want to go, ( inc mandatory worship on Sunday ) refuse to allow the adult child the right to listen to the kind of music they want to , Ive known guardians who refused to allow the adult child to vote, date, or picking and choosing whom the adult child can make friends with as well as misuse money , refuse to give up reasonable funds for clothing & grooming etc . SO where this all is going is that this person is going to have to get help from the state / county to end this situation, It is part of their basic rights to attempt to be as indep as possible and that inc marriage for higher function individuals. Assuming this person is younger then Id suggest that when he gets help to regain his own guardianship that he agree to a payee service ( Lss last I knew had this avail up here where I live) this way the payee can make sure rent& utility bills are paid while budgeting skills are being taught .

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If this persons current guardian learns where a recorded marriage is filed they will have to go to the courts to have it vacated, SO heres the deal , assuming he is over 18 the best way to deal with this is that he get in touch with your states ombudsman for vulnerable adults / persons with developemental disabilities and ask for help so he can become his own gaurdian. A problem I see alot with the DD consumers I have come to know thru work is that many times when a guardian is parents the parents are so restrictive to the point that the adult child they hold guardianship of actually is held back , meaning that the guardian is keeping them from being as independent as possible , I have known guardians who forced the adult child to attend church when the adult child did not want to go, ( inc mandatory worship on Sunday ) refuse to allow the adult child the right to listen to the kind of music they want to , Ive known guardians who refused to allow the adult child to vote, date, or picking and choosing whom the adult child can make friends with as well as misuse money , refuse to give up reasonable funds for clothing & grooming etc . SO where this all is going is that this person is going to have to get help from the state / county to end this situation, It is part of their basic rights to attempt to be as indep as possible and that inc marriage for higher function individuals. Assuming this person is younger then Id suggest that when he gets help to regain his own guardianship that he agree to a payee service ( Lss last I knew had this avail up here where I live) this way the payee can make sure rent& utility bills are paid while budgeting skills are being taught .
Google Kymera219. Her online history is interesting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">