• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Partner Have To Provide Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chocolateone

My partner walked out on me when I came home from a lengthy hospital stay due to illness. he continued my health insurance through her employement for the last year but then notified with a two week notice, he was cancelling my medical insurance.

I have been approved for disability but insurance won't take effect until after the new year. I have health conditions and require medical care. he would not talk to me. Even though it would have been a hardship I could have paid the cost...

not having insurance is worse. Do I have any rights. We are legally still in a DP though we haven't lived together for over a year.

any other way ?

Proserpina

My partner walked out on me when I came home from a lengthy hospital stay due to illness. he continued my health insurance through her employement for the last year but then notified with a two week notice, he was cancelling my medical insurance.

I have been approved for disability but insurance won't take effect until after the new year. I have health conditions and require medical care. he would not talk to me. Even though it would have been a hardship I could have paid the cost...

not having insurance is worse. Do I have any rights. We are legally still in a DP though we haven't lived together for over a year.

any other way ?

Sorry, but you're going to need a UK law forum.

Ah..hang on a sec. Insurance? You're in the UK....

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is a US board so I will give a US answer.

No. Your partner is not obligated by law to provide you with health insurance. Any more than you are required to provide your partner with health insurance.

Not until a court says so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">