• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkutz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I purchased a house with my partner which I paid for the house and it was set up in both names. It was verbally agreed upon that if we would split we would sell the house and I would receive back my initial investment. We are now seperating and he now said that he wants half of everything, am I entitiled to the original money that was put down on the house?

JETX

I paid for the house and it was set up in both names.
What EXACTLY does that mean??
If his name is equal on the title, then he has a pretty good case for 'equal' shares if it sells.

It was verbally agreed upon that if we would split we would sell the house and I would receive back my initial investment
am I entitiled to the original money that was put down on the house?
Yep. All you have to do is present the WRITTEN agreement confirming what you say??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">