• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Partnership gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlcnlv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I am in the process of ending a long term relationship (cohabitation) of 11 years. I know I have no rights to any property or money not held in my name. I raised his children, took care of all our business, managed our real estate ... etc. I believed that he was traumatized by having lost everything he had in a previous relationship so was very understanding about his need to have everything in his name .. well, ok, maybe stupid is a better word. In the last couple of years I have been able to have my name put on 3 small pieces of property that were the result of real estate deal i made on our behalf. This is but an extremely small part of the property and money I have been instrumental in his having acquired. Regardless the situation now is that he is trying to keep me from living in one of the properties we own jointly. He has threatened to remove the doors and windows so that the house is not livable, he has sabotaged the air conditioner, he has had the utilities turned off, he has entered the house and refused to leave statin g that he intended to move in to the house with me. I have offered to sign off on 2 of the properties if he will sign off on one (the smallest one) he has refused. i plan on living in this property until we something - what are my rights - how can I end the harassment so that I may stay in this house?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

You must file a partition suit.

Read this thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/do-i-have-case-what-can-i-do-432176.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">