• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drinking & driving /child endangerment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tahoe

I have a ex-husband who drinks and then drives with my children in the car. They have informed me of this and I have also smelled alchohol on his breath before. I recently confronted him about this and told him that I would not meet him with the children because he was putting them in danger. He now is having me served with contempt of court papers. I in no way said he couldn't see the children, I just did not want them in the car with him. What do I do? I live in Oregon and my ex lives in Washington. We meet in Chehalis, Washington (half way) every other weekend.

[Edited by tahoe on 02-26-2001 at 03:20 PM]

LegalBeagle

tahoe said:
I have a ex-husband who drinks and then drives with my children in the car. They have informed me of this and I have also smelled alchohol on his breath before. I recently confronted him about this and told him that I would not meet him with the children because he was putting them in danger. He now is having me served with contempt of court papers. I in no way said he couldn't see the children, I just did not want them in the car with him. What do I do? I live in Oregon and my ex lives in Washington. We meet in Chehalis, Washington (half way) every other weekend.

[Edited by tahoe on 02-26-2001 at 03:20 PM]
Where are the court orders.. OR or WA.. Do the orders state who is supposed to transport the children ? Do you have any proof of the drinking ?

T

tahoe

I was served in Oregon that is where the divorce took place. We are supposed to both meet in Chehalis Wa. So we both have the responsibility of transporting the children. My parents have taken the children also and they have smelled alchohol on his breath and both of my children ages 11 and 14 have said that he drinks and drives alot with them in the car. My son says he hasn't seen him with a drink in the car but he drinks before he gets in the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">