• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipate Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tionet

What is the name of your state? Florida
Ok here is the deal I just turned 17 less then 2 weeks ago. My mother kicked me out of her house like a month and a half ago so I currently reside with my fiance's parents I pay rent and buy groceries etc. a while back i dropped out of school to work to jobs. Now I am trying to get my live back together and go back to school. It has been very difficult to get back to school because my mother has to attend the meeting she wants me emancipated and really wont sign for much for me like my license or things of that nature my father is over seas and just now finally convinced her to go to the meeting with the school My parents will emancipate me or let me get married <my fiance and I kinda want to wait until we can do it right> they wont sign over custody to anyone else or help me any any way I pay rent I pay for groceries his family doesn't support me I just can't get my own place because I am not of legal age! How long will it take to get emancipated< because I have asked around and some say a year and some say a few weeks> If it is gonna take a year then it is a waste of time I need to know PLEASE HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">